Potty Thoughts

Potty thoughts, ideas, photos, stories, funnies, jokes, and theories. Feel free to contribute (ailynzel at yahoo dot com).

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Potty Thoughts - Road-Side

Poor Bug. On the way home last night from picking them up (we were driving pretty late) Bug had to pee. After hoping she could wait for awhile, I took an exit and could not find anything in the immediate vicinity. So we got back on the highway, and stopped. Traffic. Serious traffic. I-84 in CT sux at night, especially West bound. This road will never be done! So Bug kept complaining that she had to go real bad. I suggested pulling over and going in the grass but she refused. Didn't want to go in the grass. So I told her she would have to hold it then, but if she really had to go, now was the time because we were stuck and not going anywhere. After a lot of complaining, whining, wincing, and irritableness, I convinced her to try the side of the road. I told her no one would see her and that I would keep her covered and help her. So we pull over and I slant my car to hide her from oncoming traffic (not that any was moving). We got out of the car and she panicked some. "It's too noisy. I don't wanna." So we get back in the car and drive for another 5-10 min. (or 5-10 feet literally). I tell her again that it will be a long time before we get anywhere (it was another 15-20 min before we got to a possible exit) and she says ok, she will go on the side of the road.

We pull over and get out of the car. I hold her so she can squat (she's very young still and has yet to learn to levitate). But she can't go! She keeps looking around. The noise is distracting her. I tell her it's ok, it's just noise form the cars and the trucks. No one can see you, no one even knows you are there. They are all worried about getting home and out of traffic. I tell her, look at my eyes and just relax. Relax. She did and after a few minutes she was able to pee. PHEW! As I strap her in the car seat she laughs and tells me "daddy, people are staring at you now. They are staring at your butt outside the car door!" (I was hunched over to strap her in). I laugh with her and then tell her how proud I am that she was able to go on the side of the road. My baby, her first road-pee experience. And before you say anything, I had her use the bathroom before we got on the road. We were only driving for 15 minutes when she all of a sudden just had to go. kids!

5 Comments:

  • At 7/19/2005 07:48:00 PM, Anonymous ITChick said…

    Hee hee. I always hated when my mom would make me pee on the dise of the road. Or worse, she would strip me down at the beach to wash the sand off of me before I could walk to the car. She would tell me that no one could see me...I believed her. Now that I am an adult, I know, every freakin' person on the damn beach saw me naked! Moms, geez!!

     
  • At 7/19/2005 07:50:00 PM, Anonymous ITChick said…

    dammit. side of the road, NOT dise of the road. damn fingern get in the way.

     
  • At 7/19/2005 07:50:00 PM, Anonymous ITChick said…

    Urgh! did it again. rats.

     
  • At 7/20/2005 09:09:00 AM, Blogger Ailyn said…

    lol - love the "rats" as you know.

    i would not have had her do it on the side of the road but traffice literally was stopped and we were way stuck. so had too! poor kid

     
  • At 7/20/2005 10:04:00 PM, Anonymous ITChick said…

    That was cool of you to do, though. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home